Sep 6, 2009

Meat

Today it is raining here and I was not in the mood to go to the DFAC for lunch so I tried the kosher Salisbury steak La Briute self-heating meals. It was the first meat I have eaten in about 6 weeks.

The heating  element is almost the same as those in the army MREs, so it did warm up the meal. The food itself was only OK. The meat tasted very processed and the potatoes were decent. It was not a great meal, but it was satisfying enough in a pinch. I will try some of the others to see if they will prove better.  I hope I don't have to go through the year in Iraq meatless, though it has not been too bad so far.

When I finally do arrive in country I will have to work out some better food plan. (Hint, hint ;)

3 comments:

  1. Just tell us what you like and to where it should be sent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might enjoy life as a vegetarian... Hmmm....or maybe not...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oy! what can we do to get good food to you?

    ReplyDelete