May 25, 2010

Shavout in VBC

I spent this past Shavous in Victory Base Compound in Baghdad.  There was a Jewish retreat of sorts there.  I got a FRAGO that provided all the information for that.  We had 12 soldiers altogether and thus a minyan the whole time.  I missed the first night but was there for the two whole days.  I met up with some of the guys in my unit that are stationed there so that was fun too.  I brought one of the guys who are attached to my unit with me, and we were the only two Jews who came from Speicher.  The people who came were from all over Iraq.  We were mostly in Camp Victory and Camp Liberty.  We goofed around a lot in the palace and spent a bit of time chatting on the balcony.  It was nice and relaxing and I am glad I was able to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment